This article covers the basics of setting up a "Google Hangout" on NoteBowl. If you're looking for details on how to set up a "Google Hangout on Air," click here.
Starting a Google Hangout
1. Click on the Bulletin tab within the course you would like to create a Google Hangout.
2. Click on the video camera button (circled in green below) to the left of the blue "Post" button.
3. Fill out the Google Hangout's title (i.e. Office Hours, class discussion, AMA) in the first open box and the Hangout's description (i.e. time of Hangout, discussion subjects) in the empty box below. When you've filled both, click the blue "Post" button (circled in green).
4. Look below, and now on the bulletin your Google Hangout should appear!
Joining Your Google Hangout
1. Click the green "Join Hangout" button (circled in blue in the example below) in the Hangout bulletin post.
2. A new tab should appear in your browser that contains the Google Hangout. Make sure to navigate to that tab. Google's white pop-up window should appear, click the "Cancel" button.
3. Now you are in the Google Hangout! Wait here until your students join. Keep in mind only 10 NoteBowl users can be in a Google Hangout at once.
Quick Tips for using Google Hangout
If you ever need to mute your microphone, just click the "Mute" button at the top of the Hangout (circled below).
Turning off your Video Camera
If you ever need to turn off your computer, just click the "Turn Camera Off" button at the top of the Hangout (circled below).
Ending the Google Hangout
When you are finished with the Google Hangout, just click the "End Call" button at the top of the Hangout (circled below).
Chatting within the Google Hangout
If you would like to open a chat room in the Google Hangout, just click the "Chat" icon on the left of the Google Hangout (circled in green below)
Once you have clicked the "Chat" icon, a chat room will open on the right of your screen.
Sharing your Screen in a Google Hangout
If you would like to share the images on your computer screen, just click the "Screenshare" icon on the left of the Google Hangout (circled in green below).
Once clicked, you will have the option to share portions or your entire screen. Choose what you would like to share, and click "share".
Quick Tip: Sharing your screen is a great feature to use when you need to present a slideshow or show a quick image from your screen!
If you have additional, specific Google Hangout questions, please visit Google's support center by clicking here.