SETUP FOR NOTEBOWL IN CANVAS*:
*For global installations, simply drag the 'Bulletin' from the bottom of your course navigation to the top to enable.
- Navigate to the Course you’d like to use with Notebowl
- Navigate to Settings on your Course Navigation
- Navigate to the “Apps” tab
- Search ‘Notebowl’ in the search box
- Click the request key/secret link in the first paragraph or click on the link below
- Key/Secret Request link: https://platform.notebowl.com/gateway/services/lti/setup. Note: You can use this key and secret to add to any course on your instance.
- Choose "Student Pay" or "14-Day Trial"
- Copy or save key/secret information for later use (you will also be emailed these details)
- Go back to Canvas and click ‘Add App” from the App Center
- Add App details from your key/secret request
- Name = Notebowl
- Consumer Key = Your custom key goes here
- Shared Secret = Your custom secret goes here
- Click “Submit”
- You can utilize the key/secret for any course you’d like to add to!
CREATE A NOTEBOWL ASSIGNMENT IN CANVAS:
Navigate to your course and then click on “Assignments”
Click the “+Assignment” button
Scroll down and choose “External Tool” on the “Submission Type”
Click Find or insert this link https://platform.notebowl.com/gateway/services/lti/canvas
On the “Configure External Tool” Screen, choose “Notebowl” and then hit “Select”
Scroll and hit “Save & Publish” or “Save”.
EDITING A NOTEBOWL ASSIGNMENT IN CANVAS:
Click on your Notebowl Assignment created in Canvas with previous directions.
Select the “pencil” icon on the top of the assignment once Notebowl LTI loads in
Enter in any details and scroll to the bottom to include metrics for word counts, posts, and comments. Then click "Save". You are all set to begin using Notebowl! 🙌